Microelectronics Failure Analysis – Complete service for construction and failure analysis of semiconductor devices. Obtain accurate line widths, diffusion depths and film thicknesses using precision cross-sectioning and Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) imaging.
Common questions related to failure analysis:
- What constitutes a failure?
- How bad is this particular example?
- What percentages of the parts are failing?
- Is this a constant problem or does the failure come and go?
- Have you been able to engineer a solution to the problem or failure? If so, what did you do?
- Are good parts actually good or are they close to failure themselves?
- Do you have an example of a truly excellent part?
- Do you have an example of a truly terrible part or just the failure in hand?
Analyses and Consultations
This coil was electrically open and displayed a green deposit.
EDS found the green deposit to be a corrosion product caused by chlorine.
The Coil wire was found to be severed by corrosion.