For thin-film characterization, PhotoMetrics, utilizing Auger Electron Spectroscopy, analyzes from the top few atomic layers of a sample to as much as 6000 nanometers of surface depth. These analyses will identify stains, surface oxidation, metal diffusion and most multilayer structures.
Common questions related to surface analysis:
- What is wrong with the surface that makes you want to analyze it?
- If it’s an optical problem, is it a color change?
- Is it just hazy in appearance compared to normal?
- Will it not receive a wire bond or is it a solderability issue?
- How large is the area to be characterized?